Monday, December 5, 2011

The inspiration

On a recent camping trip with BushcraftUK I was very taken with a small woodburning stove one of the members, Jack, had brought along. It was made from an ammo box and as I shivered under my tarp, I got to thinking about making one for myself

What I thought could be improved on his stove was as follows:

  • stability - the legs were very tall and quite close together. On soft ground it wasn't a problem as they could be pushed in
  • portability - the legs were fixed length and although bits of the flue fitted inside the stove, the rest didn't - I wanted mine to be completely self-contained
  • size - for car camping it was great but would take up too much room in a rucksack. I wanted one that would fit inside a rocket pack on my Bergen

No comments:

Post a Comment